Friday, November 4, 2011

Winston



I lost the love of my life. Winston was a great dog, who brought such joy to me for 13 years. I truly wish he could have lasted at least another year. We had no idea that he was so sick, with kidney failure. He hung on just long enough for me to fly home to be with him.


As I walked in the door he was lying there...so sick....so sad looking. Winston, could barely walk a foot and then he fell over where he laid....still. His breathing was shallow and all I could do was pet him and tell him I loved him. I think I spent 10 minutes with him before we decided it was time to take him to the vet. I honestly wasn't even sure if he was going to last the next hour. Breathing was labored and he needed to be at peace.


Putting Winston to sleep is one of the hardest things i've ever had to do. The grief that comes a long with losing a pet is unimaginable. To all those people who say that they are just "dogs" you are sorely mistaken. He was my friend, my pet, my confidant. He knows things that no one else does. I am glad to know that he is now in a better place....The Rainbow Bridge. One day we will be reunited where he will be young and we can run and play chase together. When I go home for Christmas it's going to be very hard for me. He LOVED xmas...halloween too. I loved putting my Xmas bows on his head and watch him try to knock it off. He was also a huge fan of playing hide and go seek...seriously! I would hide...he would search for me and then when he got close I would jump out and he would scare and go running like the wind around the house.


Everytime I talk about him with my mom we cry because it is still so sad. She is having a harder time of it, as he was her only companion. Our vet recently donated money to the UF Vet program in Winston's name. It made me realize that there are still good, kind, and loving people in the world. We couldn't have asked for a better veterinary staff. I wish they could have met Winston on better terms...when he was more himself.


He was literally a normal, happy, aging dog and then in one week he was gone. Truly tragic. I will miss you little buddy. You were the greatest first pet a girl could ask for. Thanks for all the good years and I promise I will never forget you.


R.I.P Winston Denison Finch <3













No comments:

Post a Comment